Saturday, July 29, 2006

Landmarks and History - The Burwell House

Minnetonka Mills, MN



Sitting on the banks of the Minnehaha Creek, the Burwell House was the home of Charles Burwell, a prominent Minnesota businessman and community leader who managed the Minnetonka Mill Company. The mill, which was located across the road from the house, closed in 1895. Burwell’s house remains as a symbol of the milling heyday. It now sits on park property just off of Minnetonka Boulevard and is on the National Register of Historic Sites.

No comments: