When is a restaurant also an historic landmark? When it is The Freight House, of course. Built in 1883, this railroad freight depot served the bustling commercial hub of Stillwater, MN, as well as the the Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad, until it was sold in 1970. In 1977 it was Stillwater’s first building to be added to the National Register of Historic Places. Now converted to a restaurant, The Freight House serves up hearty American fare to hungry locals and tourists in the beautiful downtown area.