Saturday, May 05, 2007

Landmarks and History - Hay Lake School

New Scandia Township, MN



Built in 1896, the Hay Lake School served New Scandia Township and the Washington County Rural School system up until 1963. The school sat boarded up until 1970 when a group of citizens sought to save the building, cleaned it up, and started offering tours. As a result, the Hay Lake School was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970 and now serves as a museum that is owned and operated by the Washington County Historical Society.

No comments: